Country singer Meghan Linsey is opening up about a venomous spider bite that opened up a hole in her face.
The former voice contestant woke up one morning at her home in Nashville, Tennessee with a stinging sensation on her face, only to discover a dying spider in her right hand. According to People.com, Linsey later found out the spider was a brown recluse, one of the deadliest spiders in North America. d
She rushed to urgent care, and told People, “The swelling was the first thing, and then I ended up just having crazy, crazy symptoms. I had muscle spasms, then I had a body rash all over…Every day was another thing.”
The swelling, however, wasn’t the worst part, as Linsey explained on her Instagram. “I was supposed to be getting better, but I was getting worse – up until day nine, which is when the symptoms stopped happening and the necrosis started on my face,” she said.
The skin surrounding Linsey’s bite began to rot and left what she describes as “a hole in her face.”
After consulting with a specialist in South Carolina, Linsey was recommended to do hyperbaric chamber treatment, which the singer has said has helped, but she still has a scar on her face.
It is still uncertain whether or not Linsey will be stuck with a scar forever, but she admits she has changed her makeup routine accordingly.
“I’m one of those people that just throws it on and goes, but now I have to put three or more layers on this one area of my face,” she explains. “It’s kind of a pain at this point but, after going through everything I went through, I’m just glad to be alive.”
Have you ever seen a spider bite like this?
Let us know in the comments and please SHARE this story with your friends and family on Facebook!
[Featured Image Credit: Meghan Linsey Instagram]